Spring iVenture Startup Wins!
Our teams have been making lots of progress in the first 9 months of the program.
- Invoq Health is developing an IT platform for rural healthcare NGOs to manage their patient health data. They recently deployed in India and Sierra Leone; managing 110,000 patient records. To do so, they’ve partnered with UIUC Global Health Initiative. Presented at eHealth International Congress in Bologna, Italy.
- Qbitis awarded contract with Mayo Clinic for 12 of their shoulder-injury preventing gloves for wheelchair users.
- PSYONIC creates affordable, high-tech prosthetics. Recently, their co-founder, Patrick Slade, was selected for Forbes 30 Under 30: Healthcare, and the team was awarded VentureWell’s eTeam grant of $5,000.
- Kofman Technologies is building drones and body armor for police and military first responders. They were admitted to TechNexus and Department of Homeland Security’s EMERGE Accelerator to gain key connections in their industry.
- Swimable@UIUC, a swim program for children with developmental disabilities, is making a splash in Chicago with the launch of their new chapter, Swimable@UIC!
- MakerGirl, a company focused on inspiring young girls interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) through 3D printing workshops, have achieved 50% of their overall goal in the first 10 days of their Kickstarter campaign. To donate, click here!